SANTA CLARITA VALLEY summer games
3-ON-3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Divisions (All Coed):
3RD GRADE/ 4TH-6TH GRADE
- Minimum 3 Max 4 players per team
- The names of these players must be on the roster prior to 1st game
- Additions and/or changes to any roster must be approved by tournament officials and completed prior to the start of the team’s first game.
- No roster changes are allowed once a team has started their first game. A player is allowed to participate for only one team for the duration of the tournament.
- All players must sign the score sheet before each game and designate the team’s captain/spokesperson.
- The team captain will represent his/her team as a spokesperson at all times.
- Coin flip will determine 1st possession of game
- The ball must be checked and thrown (not dribbled) behind the top of the arc of the three-point line.
2. Game PlaY:
- Length of Games: 20 Minute running clock.
- If game is tied an overtime will be played.
- Overtime will be 2 minutes in length. If still tied after the first overtime, a 2nd overtime will be played with the first team to score 4 points or more (ex. Team makes a two pointer and a three pointer = five points) wins the game.
- Ball Changes possession after every score
3RD GRADE SCHEDULE
- FAB FOUR VS WARRIORS (BEST OF 5 SERIES)
4TH-6TH GRADE SCHEDULE
- BIG CONEJOS VS INFINITY BALL
- GOATS VS FAB 4
- 4 G.O.A.T VS GOATS
- FAB 4 VS BIG CONEJOS
- 4 G.O.A.T VS INFINITY BALL
(DUE TO 5 TEAM TOURNEY, TEAM WITH LOWEST TOTAL POINTS WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFFS)
- 1 SEED VS 4 SEED
- 2 SEED VS 3 SEED
- WINNER (1/4) VS WINNER (2/3)- CHAMPIONSHIP
- LOSER (1/4) VS LOSER (2/3)
3. Jump Balls:
- All jump balls become the possession of the defensive team.
4. Time Outs:
- Each team is allowed one 30-second timeout per game. The running game clock does not stop during any timeouts. No timeouts are permitted in the last three minutes of the game.
5. Ball Clearance:
- When in play, the ball must be “cleared” on each change of possession. “Cleared” means both feet must be behind the three-point arc. Failure to clear the basketball is a violation.
○ First Violation is a warning from the court monitor.
○ Subsequent Violations will result in a change of possession.
- Baskets made from inside the arc count as 1 point. Baskets made when the shooter has both feet behind the arc count as 2 points.
- If a foul is called, the ball will be taken out above the top of the three-point line.
Decisions for any issues will be made by the tournament director and will be final. PLAY HARD, BE RESPECTFUL AND HAVE FUN!